Learn about vaccines, deworming protocols, horse nutrition, meet your local veterinarians, and have your horses checked and vaccinated for the next year!
For small and medium scale operations, family horse owner.
Includes: Educational Seminar, Fecal Egg Count, De-wormer recommendation, Vaccines (tetanus, EEE, WEE, WNV, rabies, botulism), Coggins and Health Certificates (emailed later), and meal.
Teeth floating will be available for an additional $50.
Flue and Rhino vaccines will also be available for $25. Must indicate during RSVP.
*You MUST attend the educational seminar to receive the voucher for this special discounted price. Otherwise, all services will be charged at regular cost. Must pre-register.
No need to bring a horse to attend the educational sessions and meal! Everyone is welcome (but we need to know you’re coming so we can plan the meal!)
April 25: Knott County, Knott County Sportsplex, 4 PM and 6 PM.
To reserve your spot: contact Dr. Fernanda Camargo at Fernanda.Camargo@uky.edu, or call the Knott County Extension Office at 606-785-5329.
All horses must be halter broke.
The University of Kentucky, in conjunction with the Kentucky 4-H Horse Program, and in cooperation with the Knott County Extension Office, will be hosting a wellness clinic in your area in April in hopes to promote animal health and encourage regular veterinary care. The emphasis of the clinic is education and wellness of the horse. Our target audience are small and medium operations, who may not be practicing preventative health care due to lack of education or potential cost obstacles. Our intent is to educate the clientele on the importance of routine vaccination and other health issues with hopes of increasing the overall wellbeing of horses in the area. The day of the clinic we will be offering routine vaccinations, Coggins, CVI, and fecal egg count and deworming, at a discounted price as long as the participants attend an educational seminar we will provide the day of the clinic. The focus of the clinic will be client education. We hope to see you there!! Email Dr Camargo at: Fernanda.firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today, or call the Knott County Extension office at: 606-785-5329.
Enjoy the fine facilities at the Mind Made Park RV Campground including
- RV Electricity Hookups
- RV Water Connections
- Waste Disposal Station
Contact Brett Jerrell at (606) 497-6892 or (606) 497-7558
Dear Potential Sponsor:
RE: Knott County 2016 Fall Horse Trail Ride
The time is quickly approaching for the most exciting horse riding event in Eastern Kentucky. The gate is set to open for the Trail Ride on Sunday, October 2nd at 4 pm. The event itself is set for Thursday, October 6th through the 8th. We are offering local businesses the chance to sponsor this event.
We have several levels of sponsorship that you may choose to contribute. All levels of Sponsorship will get your business listed in our Trail Ride pamphlet. Other incentives per sponsor levels are listed below:
- $100 Sponsor: Business listed in the Trail Ride Pamphlet.
- $250 Sponsor: Business listed on the banner at the gate.
- $500 Sponsor: Business listed on a sign at the stage & on the banner at the gate. Also included in this sponsorship is one (1) wrist band for admission to the event.
- $1,000 Sponsor: Business listed on a sign at the stage, on the banner at the gate plus onsite setup. Also included in this sponsorship are two (2) arm bands for admission to the event.
- $2,500 Sponsor: Business listed on a sign at the stage, on the banner at the gate plus onsite setup. Also included in this sponsorship are two (2) arm bands for admission to the event.
- $5,000 GOLD Sponsor: Your business name on the arm bands used at the gate for admission. PLUS, you are listed as the feature sponsor of the event in all social media and advertisements. Also included in this sponsorship are twelve (12) arm bands for admission to the event.
Please respond by September 23rd, 2016.Thank you in advance for your consideration of our request. If you have any questions and/or comments, we can be reached at (606)785-5592 or email email@example.com.